Due to the ongoing Coronavirus, we are best trying to protect not only our staff but our customers too and so have decided to postpone the course until further notice. We will be carrying out the courses in the future but we cannot yet advise on a date. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you and we hope to see you at some point in the future.
UPCOMING EVENT: Racking Awareness Training
Nene House, Station Road, Watford Village, Northamptonshire, NN6 7XN
FULL DAY TRAINING: Racking Safety Awareness Practical Training
The topics covered to educate your team include; health the safety, longevity of your racking system, what to except from an inspection, SEMA guidelines and racking visual assessment skills.
Practical elements are key to this course where we hope your team can be fully engaged:
• Learn new regulations and current SEMA guidelines
• Identify key components of the storage system
• Recognise damage and potential hazards
• Learn how to report damage
• The importance of load signs
• How to prevent damage from occurring
• Use of industrial lift trucks
This course is suitable for operatives who work within the warehouse environment and is ideal for both current and new employees. The course runs for a full working day and can accommodate 8 to 12 people in one session.
Please note: This course would not provide your staff with a SEMA qualification, however, they would be trained to carry out an intermediate safety inspection following the SEMA & HSE Guidelines.
Book A Training Session
Please complete the form below to book a racking safety awareness training session.
- Legal requirements/guides & codes
- Adjustable pallet racking design & use
- Ridder operated Industrial lift truck safety (including rack/truck interface)
- Industrial racking inspection procedures
- APR identification & assessment of damage
- Cantilever racking design and use
- Cantilever identification & assessment of damage
- Review of expert racking inspections from your business
- Practical inspection of racking on site
Who is the course for?
- Persons responsible for racking
- Internal rack inspectors
- Supervising the use of industrial racking including the industrial lift trucks loading and unloading the racking
- It would also be of benefit to those precuring industrial lift trucks and Industrial racking
- Reducing costs of maintenance caused by racking damage
- Attendees will be able to identify and categorise raking damage and take appropriate action
- The course will be tailored to cover the type of equipment used attendees
- Compliance with requirement Provisions and Use of Work equipment regulations rule 9 part 2
Every employer shall ensure that any of employees who supervises or manages the use of work equipment has received adequate training for the purposes of health and safety, including training in the methods which may be adopted when using the work equipment, any risk which such use may entail and precautions to be taken.